What a glorious day on this fabulous island. We arrived by ship from St. Helena.

I will just give you and outline of the cross walk today.

What a glorious day it has been with Jesus.
We left the ship by zodiac (small rubber boat) and landed in Georgetown.
We carried the cross to the Church of England just in time for Holy Communion.
Denise, my wife took a bus up to the ‘2 Boat Restaurant’.
I left town carrying the cross the long way along the highway.
I did two interviews with the local newspapers. Met a pastor who had heard me preach in England in 1972! Many people stopped me on the road. They were very nice and welcoming. At the top of the mountain men were waiting for me with cold ice water. I will never forget their kindness.
Denise came out in a bus and gave me a coke. She met me at the top of the mountain and walked on with me.
We did a lot of witnessing at a restaurant.
Denise and I carried the cross back down the mountain to the port.
Took the zodiac back to the ship.
Took a nap.
We sat on the deck and watched the dolphins trying to catch the flying fish in the ship’s lights! An incredible sight.
Denise and I held each other under the star filled sky.
We prayed to God! How could it get any better?
Oh, how I love Jesus! The Lord spoke to me “To this end you were born.”
The ship sailed through the night.


All the South Atlantic Islands

Falkland Islands, South Georgia Islands, Tristan da Cunha, St. Helena, Ascension, Cape Verde and The Canary Islands:

For just over a month my wife, Denise and I carried the cross in these remote Atlantic Islands. It was one of the most glorious trips filled with the awesome beauty of nature. There was the peace of being at sea and experiencing the wonder of God’s creation.

We flew into the Falkland Islands from Chile. Carried the cross in the Falklands and then boarded a ship to take us to the other islands of this trip. The name of the ship was “The Explorer’. It held about a hundred people. Most of the passengers were members of the Century Travelers Club.

The way it worked was for us to sail for a day or two or even a week to an island group. Then we would go ashore by zodiac (small rubber boat). The zodiacs would go back and forth taking from the landing to the ship. Most of the time it was very difficult and dangerous to get on the zodiac because it was bobbing up and down in the water. You had to go down the side of the ship on some shaky steps then leap onto the little boat. We would wait till last so we could have the cross handed down to us on the bouncing boat! Ha!

The cross is six feet across and twelve feet long.

The crew was so nice to us and happy to have the cross aboard. Most were Catholic from the Philippines. They wanted me to do a special mass for them. We planned it and most of the crew came and heard me speak of Jesus and salvation and they prayed to receive Jesus. Then we had the Bread and Wine of Holy Communion!

The people of the Century Travelers Club wanted to hear us so we spoke to that group one day. Two of the travelers gave their lives to Jesus.

On board the ship both Denise and I were seasick most of the time! On land we were great but get the ship rocking and we were ill. Only Jesus could get me to do something like this. This was not one of the big cruise ships but an old icebreaker used most of the time in Antarctica.

This was our home for a month. We loved it, praise God. What a privilege to carry the cross in the remote Atlantic Islands.

Pilgrim followers of Jesus,

Arthur and Denise Blessitt,
Luke 18:1